POSITION DESCRIPTION – JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
JOB TYPE: Casual or Contractor
SALARY: $35 – $50 per hour
Tuesday 4.00 – 6.00pm Ground Breakers Boys (2hr)
Wednesday 5.30 – 7.30pm – Ground Breakers Girls (1hr)
Friday 4.00 – 5.30pm – Jump Ball (1.5hr)
Sunday 9.00 – 10.30am - Jump Ball (1.5hr)
16 hours camps during school holidays
+ up to 6 hours per week individual Breakers training and mentoring
LOCATION: Various locations
MANAGER: Reports on a daily basis to the General Manager
Responsible to the Committee of Management
The Junior Development Officer is responsible for the overall enhancement of Mornington Basketball’s junior basketball program and ensuring the objectives of our player development pathway is met. To achieve this the incumbent will undertake the following, but is not limited to:
• Head Coach of the Jump Ball program which includes developing and delivering a relevant and engaging aged based program;
• Head Coach of Game On Basketball Camps, deliver a fun, entertaining basketball camps from beginners to 12 year old during school holidays;
• Head Coach of Rep Prep camps, deliver a challenging and motivating basketball camp for representative level players during school holidays;
• Head Coach of Ground Breakers development program including talent identification and selection of players to join the Breakers Development Squad;
• Establish a Talent ID Program for recognised talented players with in the Breakers Program.
Act as a mentor for such players and provide 1 on 1 coaching on a weekly basis.
• Attend junior Breakers training sessions as directed;
• Provide support and mentorship to players including providing feedback on player
performance and provide recommendations on how to improve;
• Attend MUVJBL games at Mornington as directed;
• Assist the Director of Coaching in the coordination of junior Try Outs, attend junior Try Outs as an Assessor and be actively involved in the selection of players;
• Undertake other duties as requested by the General Manager or Committee of Management.
The role encompasses other duties including:
• Act as an MDBA ambassador
• Planning and preparation of programs through the year
• MDBA domestic trophy presentations at the end of each Season
• Attendance at Breakers Try Outs
• Identify and develop new and exciting programs for MDBA
• Assist with the delivery of tournaments
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Current Level 2 First Aid certificate
• Basketball Victoria, Coaching accreditation certificate or relevant experience as a senior coach
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
• Sound communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills, oral skills and ability to
communicate with effectively with young children;
• Proven ability to problem solve, seek all relevant facts, analysis issues from different
perspectives and identifies workable solutions.
• Is resilient and stays calm under pressure; and accepts constructive criticism without
• Displays a high level of initiative, drive and flexibility to achieve results.
• Demonstrates a high level of organisational skills, has the ability to prioritise and multi task.
• A sound understanding of the game of Basketball.
• Consistently displays and aligns themselves with the Basketball Victoria Codes of Conduct and
the Mornington Basketball values of Community, Accountability, Sportsmanship, Integrity,
Permanent Australian residents only.
Applications in writing to Samantha Browne, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 12th October 2018.
Telephone 5975 0067