2017/2018 Summer Season Information Guide
***REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN***-
As of October 2017 our Seasons will run as follows:
Summer – 2017/2018
Term 4 & 1 (Summer Season)
Term 2 & 3 (Winter Season)
Summer Season commences week beginning 9th October 2017
Finals: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday competitions:
Round 1 Semi Finals commence 19th March 2018 – 22nd March 2018
Round 2 Grand Finals held the week of 26th March – 29th March 2018
Finals: Saturday competitions:
Round 1 Semi Finals commence 17th March 2018
Round 2 Grand Finals held on 24th March 2018
Grade 1 and 2 competitions will conclude on Saturday 24th March 2018.
Christmas Holiday period
Competitions will conclude for the Christmas holidays with the final rounds for the year being played Monday 11th December 2017 through to Saturday 16th December 2017.
The MDBA Office will be closed from Tuesday 19th December and will reopen on Monday 15th January 2018.
Senior and Junior competitions will return the week beginning Monday 29th January 2018
All under age competitions will have a two-week finals structure:
Round 1 – Semi Final
1 versus 4
2 versus 3
Round 2 – Grand Final
Winner of 1 versus 4
Winner of 2 versus 3
No competition will be held on the following days:
Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7th November 2017
Labour Day – Monday 12th March 2018
A player must be under the age stated in the relative age group by the 31st December in the year of the COMPLETION of that Season.
The below table provides the age group your child must register in.
Under 10 – 2009 top age or 2010 bottom age
Under 12 – 2007 top age or 2008 bottom age
Under 14 – 2005 top age or 2006 bottom age
Under 16 – 2003 top age or 2004 bottom age
Under 18 – 2001 top age or 2002 bottom age
Under 23 – 1993 or younger
GRADE 1 AND 2 PRIMARY SCHOOL COMPETITION
Students that are currently in Prep in 2017 register in the Grade 1 competition for Summer 2017/2018.
Students that are currently in Grade 1 in 2017 register for the Grade 2 competition for Summer 2017/2018.
Students that are currently in Grade 2 in 2017 register for the underage competition i.e Under 10’s for Summer 2017/2018.
The primary school competition is not graded, does not have finals and does not have a ladder, it is for FUN and LEARNING!
REPRESENTATIVE PLAYER RULE
Mornington Basketball has unlimited MUVJBL (Breakers) representative players across all age groups and divisions. Teams can have unlimited registered players although teams with 3 or more top age representative players are encouraged to register for Division 1. All teams will be graded to ensure fair competition.
Grading of all competitions from Under 10’s upwards will be as follows:
- A four-week grading phase fixture will be in place for boys and men’s competitions.
- A three-week grading phase will be in place for girls and women’s competitions.
- If a team has qualified for finals in the previous season they must be registered in a higher grade. This does not apply to teams that were already in Division 1 or teams moving to a different age group. Teams that do not register in the higher grade will automatically be placed in the higher grade.
- Teams will be graded based on their performance in the preceding Season and their preference as stated in the online registration will be used as a guide only.
- Teams are not guaranteed to receive their preferred division for grading.
- Teams with 3 or more representative top age players are encouraged to enter the highest division possible in that age group.
- Wherever possible, grades during the grading phase will consist of 8 teams and in division 1 up to 12 teams.
- Ladder points and percentage will be reset to zero after the grading games.
- Grading games do not count towards finals eligibility.
- Teams registering after grading phase will be required to pay a penalty to be included in the competitions from Round 5.
- MDBA Management reserve the right to grade/regrade teams at any time during the Season to ensure fair competition. If this results in a schedule change consultation will take place with the affected teams prior to the final decision being made.
2018 GAME SCHEDULE
The below are a guide only and are SUBJECT TO CHANGE once team entries are submitted and fixtured.
Competitions will only go ahead should a minimum of 5 teams enter otherwise MDBA Management has the authority to combine or cancel competitions.
REGISTRATIONS AND GAME FEES FOR SUMMER 2017/2018
Priority will be given to existing teams. New teams will be offered a position after all existing teams have been confirmed.
All team registrations and player registrations are processed through our online system and a 3.9% processing fee imposed by Sports TG and Basketball Victoria is included in the fees.
Juniors and Seniors
Team Registration $0.00 – Due by 11th September 2017
Team Registration $52.50 + 3.9% – if paid after 12th September 2017
Player Registration $42.00 + 3.9% processing fee– Due 6th October 2017
Player Registration $47.50 + 3.9% processing fee if received after 7th October 2017
Player Junior Game Fee $10.00 per person per game
Senior Team Sheet Fee $63.00
Minimum Team Game Fee $50.00
Fill in player $2.50
In the event that a player or team is unable to register online a $10.00 processing fee will apply.
Team registration fees and player registration fees are not refundable if a team withdraws and fixtures have been published.
Notified Forfeits – must be advised 2 working days in advance to the stadium
- Juniors and U23’s – $52.50
- Senior Men and Women – $73.50
Un-notified Forfeits – Any notification less than 2 working days’ notice to the stadium
- Juniors and U23’s – $73.50
- Senior Men and Women – $94.50
View a copy of our refund policy before registering for the new Season.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM
Team Registrations are available online only up until 11th September 2017. Any team registrations received after this date will have to pay a late fee of $52.50 plus 3.9% administration fee. If registering after fixture has been published the late fee will be $100 plus 3.9% administration fee.
If your team is part of a Club i.e Mount Martha Basketball Club or Peninsula Bobcats your Club will register your team.
- Team manager to collect all team members individual email address (these will be used when registering your team to invite all players to the team so they can register online).
- Visit https://mtmarthabasketballclub.com.au/domestic-registrations/ and select the “Team Registration” form relevant to your age group.
- If you have registered your team previously, you will need to input your Team Code.
- If you are a new team you will need to select “New Team Registration”.
- Follow the prompts in the online form, payment is not required at this stage.
- Enter all the emails addresses of your players and invite them to join the team, register and pay online.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A PLAYER
Player Registrations are available online only up until 6th October 2017. Any player registrations received after this date will have a $5.00 additional fee.
- Players will receive an invite to join their team, this will be done via email. You will need to click on the link and follow the prompts by no later than the 6th October 2017, late fees will apply after this date.
- Follow the prompts to complete the online registration form and payment.
- It is imperative that all player information is filled out correctly. The information provided is used to check eligibility for specific competitions, eligibility for representative basketball and eligibility to vote at our AGM.
- If you do not receive an invitation to join your team you can visit morningtonbasketball.com.au/domestic/registrations and register as a player using your Team Code which can be obtained from your Team Manager.
- Players that are not registered will not be able to take the court.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A COACH OR TEAM MANAGER
- Coaches and Team Manager Registration is also online, click here to visit the page
- All Coaches and Team Managers must comply with our child safety policies and procedures.