Member Protection Declaration.
With the new season fast approaching, we’d like to welcome all new teams to Mornington Basketball’s Summer 19/20 domestic competition.
Prior to the season starting it is important that all TEAM MANAGERS and COACHES are issued with a Member Protection Declaration (MDP) card.
The MPD card MUST be shown by all Team Managers and Coaches at every game when arriving at the stadium. Team Managers MUST present their official card when they collect the score sheets before games.
If a coach is not present, only someone who has been screened and holds an official card may fill-in as a coach. For this reason, we recommend teams allocate an assistant coach as a back-up.
Follow the steps below to get your MPD card ready for the first Round of domestic.
1. Get a Volunteer Working With Children’s Check
2. Print out the Member Protection Declaration from Mornington Basketball’s website – www.morningtonbasketball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/CHILD-PROTECTION-AGREEMENT-v2-1.pdf
3. Fill out the form and get it signed
4. Return to Mornington Basketball’s reception first week of competition
5. Collect your MPD card from administration on the spot
*Children aged under 18 years are exempt from the volunteer check.
**VIT holders and members of Victoria Police do not require a WWCC
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the MPD card please email – firstname.lastname@example.org